Your success is our business
As you work toward your educational goals, knowing you have someone to guide and support you can make all the difference. When you enroll at Maricopa Community Colleges, you’ll have an academic advisor who’s firmly in your corner.
Your advisor will help guide you through the enrollment process, making sure you are able to use your previous college, life, and work experience toward your degree or certificate program.
Once you are enrolled, your advisor will help you stay on track as you work toward your educational goals.
Academic advisors can help you with:
• Creating a plan to meet your academic goals
• Identifying required and elective courses
• Exploring your educational and life goals
• Selecting and sequencing your courses
• Determining your transfer options
• Providing information on campus resources and services
• Balancing school with work and family commitments
Providing the support you need
There’s more to academic advising than choosing your courses and creating your education plan. Keeping in touch with your academic advisor can help you stay on track in order to achieve your academic goals.
An academic advisor can even help with issues you might not have considered. An advisor may refer you to student support services in order to get the additional support you may need. Share any of your concerns, and let your advisor help you connect you with the resources you need.